A Little Help Goes a Long Way
If you or someone you know is interested in an aviation career, you can earn your degree through Klamath Community College and finance your pilot training through student loans!
Earn a Degree and Your Pilot’s License!
Earn a Degree and Your Pilot’s License
Klamath Community College Student Loans
Through our partnership with Klamath Community College, we offer an Associates Degree in Aviation Science while completing all of the licenses necessary to be a commercial pilot. This path provides students access to federal student loans, Sallie Mae, and bank student loan programs.
This 2-year degree path includes the following flight qualifications: Private, Commercial, Instrument, Certified Flight Instructor, Certified Flight Instructor Instrument. All of the flight training and ground are offered one-on-one with us AT PUREFLIGHT.
KCC Program Costs::
Estimate airplane program cost (2021-2022 pricing) $94,019
Estimate helicopter program cost (2021-2022 pricing) $136,740
Klamath Community College Corse Cost Caluculator
KCC Financial Aid Available
KCC students may be eligible for federal student grants, scholarships, and loans.
Through the Higher Education Act of 1965, there are many forms of financial assistance available to most students wishing to further their education. These types of aid are known as Title IV funds. These forms include:
- Federal Pell Grant (up to $6,495/year, 2021-22)
- Federal Work-Study Program
- Direct Stafford Subsidized Loan
- Direct Stafford Unsubsidized Loan
To apply for financial aid, you submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every year at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Sallie Mae: to Apply for a loan click on the upper right hand corner at https://ww2.salliemae.com/student-loans/ . You would select Klamath Community College as the school and continue through the prompts.
Meritize: Merit based financing. You can check your loan option without impacting your credit score at https://apply.meritize.com. Enter Pureflight Aviation Training as the school.
Other Available Scholarships
There’s always the option to apply for scholarships from aviation programs throughout the industry. Listed below are some well-known scholarship providers:
- AOPA | https://www.aopa.org/training-and-safety/students/flight-training-scholarships
- FAA Scholarship | https://www.faa.gov/education/grants_and_scholarships/aviation/
- Whirly Girls | https://whirlygirls.org/scholarship-offerings-and-requirements-scholarships/
- Scholarships.com | https://www.scholarships.com/financial-aid/college-scholarships/scholarships-by-type/aviation-scholarships/